Monday, January 17, 2005

Monday

Homework is caught up. The house is chilly, but it could be a lot worse. It was 2 degrees last night when I went to bed and 4 when I woke up. Wooooohoooooooooooo! Heatwave! It's up to a whopping 9 now. I think it got up to 12 today. Why do I stay in Illinois???? It's gotta be the people.
My dad's dog came over twice today. Stupid dog. Hahaha. He didn't get a treat the first time, so he came back. My son thought he had him fooled. WRONG!
Well, Friday I got a note from the teacher. My son will have to go to Saturday school again. He can't seem to follow orders. No surprise to me there. I don't know what to do about it. We talk and talk and talk about it. Now he is going to be going to bed at 7:30 till he can quit getting tickets. He probably still won't go to sleep, but at least he may try harder since he hates going to bed at all. He got 2 from his regular teacher, and the other 3 were from other teachers. I am at a loss. I want him to succeed in life. I make sure he gets his homework done, then he doesn't turn it it, and gets a ticket. He has to start being responsible for his own stuff. Is it a guy thing? A 2nd grader thing? An ADD thing? It bites.
Break is up. I need to get on with the homework. I don't think this will end till May. At least every day is one day closer. :)
God Bless

No comments: