Friday, January 07, 2005

Hello

What a catchy title! Its been a week. I went out for lunch today with friends, and stopped by the outlet mall to get some walking in. Well, I ended up walking straight into the music store and back out again. I got a Manilow concert DVD for myself. I figure I am worth it. Of course, I couldn't tell my friends cos they know I can't afford it. One of my friends got engaged for Christmas, so we oohed and awwwed over the ring, then she had to show the leather coat, and list all the things he got her for Christmas. As we were leaving the restaurant, she turned around and asked me what my b'f got me. I got my Manilow double cd set, and couldn't be happier. He knows better than to get me a ring if he could cos he woujld never see me again and I think he realizes that. I am just as content with my cd as she is with her ring. She had this smug pity look on her face. I feel bad for her because it takes a man to make her feel like a woman, a worthwhile woman. She is happy now, and I am very glad for her. The other friend is such a downer. She worries constantly over everything. She was complaining today about how much money everyone is sending to the Tsunami area. When I got home I found a link that showed before and after pictures and emailed them to her to show they need help right now. She thinks they are just going to build up the tourist stuff again so they can get rich. I cry everytime I see the pictures they show from over there. One minute your family is by your side, and then they are being swept out to sea and not a damn thing you can do about it. I can imagine the screams, and the agony of seeing your child pulled and thrown through the water and never coming back up. I am getting worked up again. Life can have so many things happen in an instant. :(
I think I am going to call it a day. Have a wonderful evening, and kiss your loved ones. God Bless.

No comments: