Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Winding down.....

So far my grades seem to be as follows: 1 (maybe 2) A's, 2 B's, and one as yet undetermined. The Network Essentials is the class I am unsure of. The first big test I got a D on, but I seem to really be grasping this subnetting. We have had two quizzes over it and I have done very well considering my record. I think now he at least knows I have half a brain. LOL. I am sure he was wondering what the hell I was doing in school before. I asked him today if I could get a copy of the presentation he made for the contest last Friday. It was cool. It was a collage of pictures of last years high school contest, and the music was awesome. Very cool. He is the one that made it, so I figured he would be the one to ask. He was suspicious at first, but I told him I just thought it was neat and would like to have it. Its not like I am going to market it or anything. LOL

The appointment with the attorney yesterday went better than I hoped. I thought I was going to have to make the decision whether to go through with it or to drop it. The decision he wanted was whether to go for a settlement or arbitration. I chose settlement. I just want it to be over. Its been hanging over my head for a couple of years now, and I am tired of worrying about it. Either way, it will be good when its done. Who knows, I may even get my house paid off. I owe less that $7000, so it would be good to get that paid off. That and an oil change in the jalopy. LOL. And a tread mill. (and maybe some dark chocolate M&M's in celebration.) :)

I was in Pogo again tonight. I only have 2 days left on my free club thing. My buddy that sent it to me came in and we chatted for awhile. His daughter just got her permit. I told him not to make her nervous. LOL. It would scare the crap out of me if he was breathing down my neck. (Well, not ME, but his daughter, I would probably get ummmmmmm, ideas if he was breathing down MY neck. (wink wink)) :D I have earned 4 badges in the last 3 days. Guess what I have been doing with my time! I told him I thought about joining, but I am spending too much time there, and at least I know how the other half lives. When I get some disposable income it would be ok. My son was commenting on the games yesterday, and I told him I can only play those for a few days cos they are expensive. He gave me permission to take money out of his account so I can get a membership. Is that a great kid or what???? I told him no, but I really appreciate the offer. There are enough free games out there, I can do fine on those. I want that money to go for something a lot more important than games for me.

I finally got my gas expense check yesterday. I still haven't got a paycheck yet since about March 31st. They had to reissue my last one, and I should get another one this week. The gas check really helped. I even got me some Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M's. (celebration for getting the check. LOL) I really like dark chocolate best. Its like when I was smoking. The full flavor doesn't take as much to get me a buzz. Man, I miss those buzzes sometime. I have to settle for dark chocolate and the very occasional wine cooler.

Time for bed. Sweet dreams. God Bless, and pray for post office employees everywhere. They are handling my house payment as we speak. ;)

No comments: