Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ruined

I bought some ribeyes to use on my new gas grill. I got enough for my parents, b'f, his son, and me. (G says he is vegetarian even though he won't eat vegetables.) I haven't had a good steak in forever, and b'f commented that he hasn't either. Its not often I can afford more than burgers for the grill so this was going to be a real treat.

I know people differ, and peoples taste differs. I sometimes wish I was vegetarian, but sometimes I just get the taste for a good old thick piece of steak. I got a steak rub, which I didn't use on mine cos I wanted it in its purest form. I didn't even use salt, and cooked it so it was a light pink in the middle. Perfection.

B'f fixed his plate in the kitchen, came into where we were eating, and I couldn't even see his steak but there was a giant pool of Hienz 57. WTF? Why would a person do that to a good cut of meat? He said it was very good, but how could he tell?

From now on, its hamburgers or tough cuts of meat. I paid almost $9 a lb for those. I guess I should have known better. I guess my old rule of not paying over $2 a lb should have sufficed. He probably would have enjoyed it just as well.

So, another lesson learned.

1 comment:

Maria's Space said...

OMG I agree. Steak is one of my favorite foods. I would be crazed to see someone put anything other than steak sauce on a steak. No income for 4 months so no steak in about as long. God I could really go for a good piece of cow right about now.