Friday, August 19, 2005

It's done.

The roof looks great. The porch looks great. It looks like a new house. Ok, almost. They were done at 11:30 on Wednesday morning. It is awesome! Now, the lady from the USDA office has to inspect it, then they can get paid. Lets hope that all goes well.

G had his first sleepover with a buddy Tuesday night. I will admit I was worried about him. He was only a few miles away, but still. He wasn't sure at first if he wanted to stay, but I told him to play for awhile and let me know if he wanted to stay or wanted to come home. He called about 8ish and said he had decided to stay. I talked to the kids mom and said if he wanted to call or come home or anything, just call. It didnt matter what time. I want him to have good experiences and not worry about being stuck somewhere he doesn't want to be. I slept with the phone next to me, just in case. I had told him to call me when he was ready to come home, and he called a little after 11. He had a good time, but said he didn't sleep well cos I wasn't there. He's so sweet. I'm just glad he had a good time, and it went pretty smoothly. He said it will never happen again, but I know he will change his mind. The only time he has spent the night away from home was when I had my hysterectomy, and then he came to visit both days I was gone. I know some of the ties need to be broken, but I want him to never doubt he has a safe place to land if he needs it.

He left for school this morning for his first (partial) day. His backpack must have weighed 50 lbs. Poor kid. Mine starts Monday, and Molly who is on super "worry about everything you can possibly think of because its all going to turn to shit if you don't worry about something" mode emailed me 3 times this morning. One of her instructors sent her a schedule at Molly's request, but Molly said she didn't get it and forwarded it to me. It was there, so I told her what she said, then she asked me how I got that information. Geesh. She sent me a second email and it was attached to their too. I told her she needs to check for attachments, and she would find it. This is the one that gets better grades than me. Cripes. What does that say about me?????

Time to go. Things to do, and I have to find something to worry about. (rolling eyes) Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments: