Sunday, June 12, 2005

Movies, speeches, and the first day of school....

Yesterday after G's game, b'f, his son, and us went shopping and rented some movies. We saw Batman, (Micheal Keaton's 2nd one I believe, good what I saw, but I fell asleep in part of it), Cat Woman, which I liked, even though some of the computer animation left a lot to be desired, and National Treasure, which I really liked. They left around 11:30 and took the movies back on their way home.

G did great in his game. We had our own rooting section. Sue showed up and so did my friend Cathy. Its a shame, but we only get together during his ball games, and then only 2 times a season or so. We don't really have a lot in common, but I don't want to lose touch with her. She travels all over the world, used to know every ball player on every team, where they came from, who they are related to, and all the stats. She was that way in music too. She is extremely smart and got straight A's in school. She got majorly depressed once because when she graduated she got an A minus. I was pretty close with her mom, and her mom loved G. She would babysit for me on occasion when I went to get a perm or something. Her and G had big plans to drive a van to California and take the neighbors dogs to see the ocean. She passed away very unexpectedly a few years ago, and I still miss her terribly.

I have been working on homework. Gathering things for my speech. We have to get a bag that has some importance to us, and 3 items to put in it that are important somehow. I may have even written about this before. (What age does Alzheimers usually start? Sometimes I wonder....) I made a collage of my kid, I got a Cross, and a lego building that looks like a house.
I need to think of a strong start and a good finish. I am still working on this, needless to say. I will just make sure the part in my hair looks nice, and maybe they won't notice. LOL I thought about leading in with how, for a price, I can buy about anything I need to survive at Walmart. (using a walmart bag), then bring out the cross and say something like, this represents Christ to me, and he has already paid the price for my eternal life. Then, the house for security, and the pictures of G will be on the wall behind me, and how he is the reason for me getting out of bed everyday and keep on keeping on. It has to last between 1 1/5 to 3 1/5 minutes. I will have to time it later. I have been jotting down ideas.

While I was going through picture disks and downloading them on the computer for the collage, I came across the pictures of his first day of kindergarten. Sitting on the babysitters porch, standing outside in the parking lot holding his nap mat thing. It doesn't seem like it could be that long ago. He is getting ready for the 3rd grade. They aren't kidding when they say they grow up so fast.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Isn't he the most adorable kid you ever saw? How can that cherubic face get into so much trouble? He has grown up quite a bit since then. He was so adorable in his Curious George shirt and shorts.

While I was going through the disks I also found a disk that wasn't ours. I am going to call Walmart and see if they want it back. It was from March of 2003, so probably not.
Time to go. I have to practice my speech.

Good night, and God Bless.

No comments: