Saturday, February 19, 2005

It's Saturday night!

B'f and his son just left for home. They came over early today and we got the sump pump down in the basement straightened out. Now I shouldn't have to put the hose out the window any more and the one in the pit will work automatically. Now its pumping out directly to the backyard, so it won't be as bad as it was before. YAY! It was going to be a "work on my house day" as far as do-it-yourself stuff, but thats all that got done. He started working on the sink drain in the bathroom, but it was time for the show so he said he would finish it when we got back. I could tell he wasn't sure what he was doing, so when we got back he didn't even go to the bathroom. This is a guy who usually goes about every 1 1/2 hours like clockwork. I thought he was going to explode before he left. LOL. Needless to say, I will have to try to figure it out later. Like maybe Tuesday. I have a ton of homework and 3 assignments due Monday. Not a good thing. Dishes are waiting till then too.

I took the kid for our yearly shopping trip yesterday. I took him to Red Lobster for lunch, which he loves as much as I do. I got one of the super duper big meals and brought half of it home with me. G got chicken strips. I was shocked he didn't get shrimp. He loves that, but it was his decision. We went to the mall so I could look for a particular store that I had never been in. We found it, but I wasn't impressed. He begged to go to Spencers. I don't think it was a good idea to take him in there, and I won't be doing that in the future unless they change. Used to be the "questionable" stuff was in one basic section, and I could kind of steer him around the butt stuff, vibrators, and boob stuff. This time everyplace I turned there was a picture of a big ass in a thong, boob mugs, etc. It's a shame, cos they have some neat joke stuff, which is what he likes, but he's not ready for that other seamier side of merchandising. I got a pair of jeans on a great sale, and they were expensive jeans. I got a pricey jacket at the same store, but being the type of person I am, everything in the store was 25% off. Then, if you filled out an app for a charge, it was 10% more off, and if you actually used it for that purchase, it was another 10% on top of that. Needless to say, I got both for 45% off. Good quality for Walmart prices. :) I also got me a new top at another store. There was a strange woman who came in shortly after we did. I thought she came in with someone, as she kept talking, but turned out it was to herself. Being a small clothing store, it was odd. She was carrying on half of a conversation, and no one was picking up on the other half.

We got some more gamecube games while we were there. They were used, but they were ones he wanted, so it was a bargain. Buy 2 get one free. We played Mario Golf after we got home from the show. We went and saw Are We There Yet? It was a riot. I really enjoyed it. B'f and his son had seen it before, but said they would take us. We tried to get in last week, but it was too full when we got there.

I was pricing some treadmills and eliptical trainers. I need something. I tried one of the trainers at Sears, and I think it would give me quite a workout, and wouldn't be hard on my feet. At least it didn't seem like it would. Low impact, I like that. These old bones aren't as sturdy as they used to be. I thought I was getting an exercise bike from a friend of mine, but she changed her mind. Seems that she needs it now, which is fine. Whatever. I need something for the breaks between homework. I am sitting on my butt too much.

Time to close. I may not study tonight, but I am going to get my workstation all set up so I can start right in tomorrow.

Take care, and God Bless.

No comments: