Friday, March 18, 2005

Its different this time....

I have done my exercises 8 DAYS IN A ROW!. I think that is a new record for me. I did Tae Bo the first 7 days, and today thought I would try a Simmons tape. I think its the jealousy over Billy Blanks boobs looking a lot perkier than mine. ;) Anyway, I will probably do more later today if I get my assignment done soon as planned. Richard just doesn't have the oomph that Billy has, but I can feel it working my muscles too. I still can't see any difference in the scales, but I feel different. The fat that has always felt a part of me now feels like a coat that I can't take off. I know its still attached, but it feels separate. Maybe thats a good sign. (Or maybe I am just crazy. Thats a possibility) I am trying to have a total no carb day today, but no promises are going to be made*. I am hoping this is a turning point for me. I made my little excel chart to put measurements, weight, and a calendar to X the days I exercise. I have it set so as I put the numbers in once a week it will keep a running tab of loss of inches and poundage. I got the chart done for March and April. I plan a lifestyle change for the long term, but don't know how long I will have to keep the weekly weigh-in thing going on.

I am almost officially on Spring break. Two more assignments, and I am good to go. :) I am going to do the hard one first, since its due tonight. I hope to get it done before the kid gets home. He forgot his pill this morning, so I took it to him to school. Actually, I forgot it, but since he has been taking them for a couple of years we both should have remembered. I took the blame at school and told the secretary I should be the one to get a ticket today. She smiled. Thats what I live for, is to make people smile. G and I got in a yelling match this morning before he left. We were both yelling at each other. Not a good thing. I had told him and told him to get shoes on for the bus, get his backpack ready and get a jacket on. I heard the bus coming around the corner, and HE WASN'T READY! I, of course, over reacted like my father would have, and went in there yelling at him about how I told him and he better hurry, etc. (like that wouldn't make him stop and yell back at me, way to go Mom!) Anyway, as I am pushing him out the door and realize how awful we both sound, and don't want him leaving with me yelling at him like a banshee, I keep the same yelling awful tone, and yell, " NOW GIVE ME A KISS AND A HUG!" He had a shocked look for a second, then burst out laughing, and he has the cutest smile and devlish grin. We hugged, I apologized, and so did he. I think it was a much better send off for the day than it looked like it was going to be. He still loves me. I have to stop and listen to myself sometimes. I sound like my dad, and thats not a good thing.

*Its a good thing I didn't make any promises. We ended up going to Denny's for dinner. I had never been there, and ended up having the chicken fried steak. I could feel my arteries clogging. I think that taught me a lesson.

Time to crack the books. I won't get it done if I don't get started. Y'all have a great day, God Bless, and listen to yourself sometime. It might make a difference.

1 comment:

ClaudBLOG said...

It's funny you mention Billy Banks. He might drop by my class and do a fitness lesson with my students. Now all I'm gonna do is stare at his boobs. ;)