Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A strange thing...

I got to school real early yesterday morning and still had a bunch of stuff that I should have read before class so I thought I would read a bit in the car before heading in. I didn't notice anyone in any of the cars around me, so I thought it would be pretty peaceful. I was reading about networking, which is hard enough to concentrate on, when I heard someone slurping like the end of a milkshake. It was mildly annoying, but I thought, "good, their done." I read another paragraph, then a loud "sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppp" I thought, ok, it has to be done now. I went back to reading. Now, one of my biggest pet peeves that gets me to the point of irrationality is the sound of people eating, drinking, slurping, snapping gum, etc. I have been known to threaten people with bodily harm for snapping gum over and over again. I warn them once or twice, then lay it out for them in words that can not be mistaken. Back to the reading, and more slurping. I was ready to tell them just to eat the whole damn cup if they are dehydrating that damn bad. I put my books back in the bag, got out of the car, shot a look at the car next to me, and there was no one there. I looked at the next car, nothing. I looked at all the ones that it could have been from, and nothing, nada. I took it as a sign I didn't need to be in the car. I don't know what was up with that, but it freaked me out a bit. I just thought it very odd.

I still haven't heard from the attorney yet. I thought this thing was supposed to be done. I told him if I don't hear anything by Thursday, I will call him back. The company didn't agree with one part of the contract, but my attorney said the other one shouldn't have agreed to the settlement without the ok from the company. This all sucks, and I just want to get it over with. That point has to be settled though.

I am getting a B out of both of my classes so far. I am through the easiest part in my survey class I think, and I almost have an A, but I don't know if I will be able to bring it up or not. I think my shining moment in the class may have run its course. I don't like the part we are doing now because I can't do the labs at home since I have to be on the class network. I liked doing the DOS stuff at home where I had time to try different things and see what really worked and what didn't. Now he walks around and can see if I am just exploring, which I really don't have time to do and get out of class on time. To me that is the best way to learn. Keep looking around the various programs. No telling what kind of discoveries a person can make. Anyway, its going "ok."

B'f is on vacation this week. They are supposed to be over Thursday night and we are going to go somewhere on Friday for an all day thing. I have a speech due Monday, which I have been trying to work on, so I will have to try to get it finished sometime this weekend. I have a quiz this Wednesday, and a big test on Monday, plue have to give my speech Monday or Tuesday. I am really looking forward to that. Oh yeah, and my birthday is Saturday. He wants to do something "special", and I just want to not grow older. I guess my only other option is dead, so we may do something special after all.

Time to go. I hear the exercise bike calling my name. I guess thats ok, as long as it doesn't start slurping.

God bless.

1 comment:

SunGrooveTheory said...

LOL I have the exact same pet peeve :) Doesn't it just make your skin crawl? Congrats on the awesome grades in your classes!!