Thursday, December 23, 2004

A very cold night....

It's 5º right now, and its going to get worse. Tomorrow is Christmas eve, and I am fixing dinner for my b/f, his son, and us. The son has to be at his moms for Christmas day, so we are having ours with him tomorrow. I am fixing a turkey, noodles, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, 2 cream pies,and hot rolls. I think thats about it. I made cheese ball and have some veggie dip and veggies as well. We lalso have some summer sausage. I don't think they will be going home hungry, by any means. The b/f is coming back Saturday about noonish probably. Then we will have leftovers.
I am still feeling a melancholy over the financial thing. I hate when the depression starts. The house is cold, but at least we aren't freezing. I am sitting here with a space heater on my legs and a blanket around my shoulders. At least we have a roof over our heads, and water, electricity and heat. I can almost hear the furnace sucking up the propane when it kicks on. Right now I can smell the hair getting singed on my legs from being too close to the space heater. I guess I should do something about that.
I don't know if I will get a chance to write tomorrow or not. If not, have a very blessed Christmas. Let your loved ones know how you feel. Think what it would be like to wake up in the morning and them not be there, ever. Then kiss them goodnight, and pray for their lives.

No comments: