Thursday, December 09, 2004

Counting my blessings...

I have many to count. I know I whine about not having money. Its not really the not having money that makes me sad or upset, its about not being able to pay my bills. My house needs work, my car runs like crap, and the propane is outrageous. But, I have a roof over my head, my kid loves me and is a happy kid, and at least I HAVE a car. There are a lot of people a lot worse off than me. Sometimes it just doesn't seem that way, but its true. I have been worse off before, but I can see it creeping up on me and that scares me.
The surgery went well. I didn't sleep good last night, even with the painkillers. Its better now though. At least the pain killers are helping now. The hospital called today on a follow up call to see how I was doing. She asked if there was anything they could have done better or differently, and I told her everyone was real nice and they all seemed like they knew what they were doing, so it was great as far as that went. If someone deserves a good report, I sure like to make sure they get it. When I was boss at work and I thought night shift did a good job the night before, I would always try to leave a note and let them know. They always heard when something went wrong, but not when they did something right. People take that for granted I think, but it can make a world of difference. I was always flattered when someone would tell someone they were waiting for me to train them on something because I was careful and a little more thorough than most. To me, working in a factory, there is usually more than one way to do a job. I would tell them that this is how I do it, and as long as they can keep up the same pace or better, they can do it how it is most efficient for them. As long as the end result is the same, I don't think it should be a big deal. My boss sure felt differently.
I'm taking my car in next week to get worked on. Say a prayer that is something cheap. He still thinks it could be the transmission, but it feels like something fuel related to me. I think I let the tank get too low and some nasty stuff got sucked up into the engine. At least that sounds better than a tran$mi$$ion problem. :( I don't know what I will do if that is the case. My grant money from school and my tax return won't be here till February or March. I have no idea what my tax return is going to look like since the unemployment will be on it. I am having taxes taken out, so I should get back pretty good.
My son got to go shop at the Christmas store they put together for the kids to shop at. (that sentence was a mess, but I don't know how to explain it any better.) He got me, my b'f. my b'f 's son, and his buddy from school a present. He also got himself one. He went a little cheap on the school present so he could buy one for himself. My stepmother took him and we made a list of who to get for before he left. They even wrapped the presents for them. The most expensive gift you could buy was $5, so that wasn't bad. He used his own money, but when he doesn't notice and I have it, I plan on putting it back for him. Maybe. He wasn't supposed to get himself one. Then while they were gone, I got a phone call that he is accepted for the Shop with a cop program. Sue told me she thinks they spend about $100 for each kid. They make them get some clothes, which he is doing ok on, but he needs snow boots and snow pants. He has tons of underwear, socks, etc. I like to buy in bulk, and I knew I was going to be out of a job soon when it was time to get the school clothes. They have pizza party afterward. I think he will have a real good time.
I had better get to bed. The b'f wasn't feeling well tonight and sent me an offline that he was going to bed. He woke up with a sore throat, which I have too.
Hug the family, pray for the world, and God Bless. (say a prayer for my car too, 'kay? Thanks!)

No comments: