Sunday, November 21, 2004

And the days keep rolling along....

I guess you can tell from the title I got a little nap today. :) Actually, I skipped yesterday and forgot what post number this was. Hehehe. It was an uneventful few days. Nothing bad happened, nothing exciting, it was all good. Well, mostly good. (Sinuses, Argggggggghhhhh!)

I decided today to have my son read to me daily out of a book we choose to help aid him in his spelling. He reads pretty well for being 8, but he is very lazy in his spelling. They teach them a lot different than when I was a kid. In first grade, they didn't have to spell correctly, and it didn't count against them. Now it does, and of course he spells worse this year than he did last year. Go figure. The teacher has him write each word in a list 5 times, so to save time, he does all the first letters, then all the second letters, then all the 3rd letters, etc. etc. Needless to say, when he brings this paper home to do, it takes him longer cos this big bad mama stands there and makes him write it out the whole word at a time. :) He tries to get them all done at school. I just want the best for him and not to have the struggles that I did in school. I also remember hearing that boys brains are not as good on spelling as girls, and that boys are better in math than girls. Does that mean I am a "girl" since I suck at Algebra? My instructor (also a "girl") probably wouldn't let me use that as a valid excuse.

I'm not going to get too wordy tonight. I'm trying to lighten up a bit. It was a very stressful last week, and I am trying to recuperate from it. I really can be a fun person. I think. Hmmmmmmm. I better go to bed. Kiss your loved ones, and say a prayer for them. God Bless.

No comments: