Friday, September 30, 2005

My anniversary

I can't let today go by without mentioning it. It was a major turning point in my life. I felt loved, cared for, protected, adored. Yes, 27 years ago today I lost my virginity. I don't expect any signs in the front yard, no sign declaring "Happy Anniversary" on the gas station sign. There won't be any cryptic "Happy Anniversary to you on this auspicious day" blurb in the newspaper. No phone calls about it, no party hats. But I know. And I remember. The wonder, the joy, the awakening. I barely remember his last name, and I am sure he doesn't remember me at all. He probably even has grandkids by now. LOL He was a studly college student and I was a poor working girl growing up in a college town. I didn't even tell him I was a virgin. I wanted to be deflowered. And so it was done. :)

God Bless, and think about the wonder of life. Life can be amazing.

No comments: