Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ok, I want to take my legs off.

Just for awhile. Hang them up, or float them in alcohol till they feel better. I hurt so freakin bad. That eliptical is bad news. I have hurt bad since it woke me up at 4am. I have taken pills, I have tried to walk it off, I have used muscle rub, heating pad, self massage, just about everything but a chain saw and/or booze to get it to quit hurting. No luck. I just googled it, and it feels like the vastus medialis. All I know is, it burns when I sit, stand, move, breathe, don't breathe, shower, lay down, and sleep. Other than that, I feel like a million bucks. <----sarcasm. I know it will just take time, and I sure hope it stops hurting so I can go back to the gym tomorrow. I don't want to lose the momentum that I have. LOL. Ok, momentum isn't the right word. Its like going to church. You go every time you can, and it feels great. You may not like getting up early to go on a Sunday morning, but the commitment is there. Its second nature. You just know, and don't question. Then something happens and you miss one. Hmmmm. The earth didn't shatter. It felt kind of good sleeping in. So then on down the road you miss another one. Maybe no one seems to notice. Before too long its just too much effort to go. Thats where I am with church. I am afraid to get that way with the gym too. I have so much work to do.
The guy who owns/runs the gym is an extremely talented Christian. He does all kinds of things. Speaks at functions, records and performs Christian music, writes books. He is a very spiritual man. Its got me thinking about the God and church thing again. I think this is all happening for a reason.
I just needed to whine. (Hmmmmmmmm, wine sounds like a good idea. ;) )

God bless, and take care of your body. Its hell to get it back the way it should be (especially if its NEVER been like it should be!)

No comments: