Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am beat

I just got back from the gym. I never thought I would say that. I am not a "gym" person. Anyway, Monday night the kid was in love. He had the kind of grin on his face I used to get after sex. It was that good. He was totally thrilled. He enjoyed the class last night, but he had a woman instructor and she was tougher on him. He said that women are always too pushy. I told him he has a lot to learn and she seems like a very good instructor.

I went Tuesday and started doing the cardio stuff. I actually walked on a treadmill for 30 whole minutes. I couldn't believe it. I kept changing the grade up and down and increasing the speed. I looked like a trainwreck when I was done, but I did it. A month ago I bet I couldn't have lasted that long. Then he had me do 2 minutes on the eliptical. Holy crap! What sadist invented that machine? I still didn't have my land legs under me after doing the treadmill, so I know I had to look like a drunk on it. After that he had me on the bike for about 10 minutes. Last night while the munchkin was in his 1/2 hour class, I did 15 on the treadmill. I thought the deal was I could only work out while he was in class, but I think that changed. I went back today to get trained on the weight stuff. He said to alternate days and do cardio 3 days a week and the circuit the other 3. So TOMORROW I am supposed to stick with the cardio. I'm not going Saturday, so Monday I will do the machines. I am going to find out Saturday for sure if my friend is going to sponsor him so we can both go. I really really hope so. There is no way I can afford it right now. He gets to go for 7 weeks for sure, but thats all I can afford. I hope and pray she comes through for us.

The instructor and I also talked about foods and stuff today. He said I am not eating enough. He said I need about 2100 calories a day to keep my metabolism up. He said if I lose weight, but not fat, he will know I'm not eating enough. Then I will be losing muscle, which isn't a good thing. It was interesting today on the machines. The hard part for me is getting on and off of them, and just remembering how to use them at first. I even used one of those great big balls. I told him that with my weight I have always tried to stay away from anything inflatable. LOL. He said they are supposed to hold up to 1000 lbs. He has some of his guys use those and lift weights while they are on it. Whewwwww.

I have to figure out how to get more calories in my diet, that are the good kind. He said I need to eat 3 snacks a day as well. Thats 450 calories per meal, and 150 per snack. I don't know if I can eat all that or not now.

I go to my first "classroom" class tonight. I have been working on my 2 online classes. So far its going well. I have history of Illinois and have learned stuff already. Not bad for 2 days. Well, I best get busy.

God bless.

No comments: