Saturday, March 18, 2006

They're gone. :(

The parents got moved this morning. I had tried to tell them it wouldn't take long, but even I didn't expect it to go as fast as it did. I didn't go over to help, because I would have started crying and I am too damn tough for that. (Ok, maybe I'm not, but I have to keep up appearances, right????) Anyway, I went over to see how it was going and they were already gone. (It was less than 45 minutes after they arrived to help.) The church was helping them move, so I knew it would go fast. My brother and his son in law were outside having a smoke and told me I had missed the whole thing. He said there must have been 40 people or so. I know the church takes great pride in the volunteerism they have, and it shows. They have a good time when they help people move.
My brother told me I would regret the day I told them about the property. I still don't. He said today, "well, you finally got them off of your back, and now I have them back on mine." I told him I didn't want them to move, and I think he was surprised. I started tearing up, but I turned so he wouldn't see. I really enjoyed the closeness we had with them next door. I know we can go visit anytime we want, but now I won't be able to just pop over whenever I feel like it. The difference is a 30 second walkover compared to a 30 minute drive one way. I will miss them.
Dad said I could have their mailbox, so I went and took their name off of it today. :( He had put my old mailbox up for me when vandals tore up my original one. I had the best mailbox on the block till they moved in and put mine to shame. LOL. Now its mine. I would rather have the neighbors though. :(
I hope my brother can get his priorities straightened out before Dad dies. That really bothers me a lot. I don't want to have any regrets about anything. Dad knows I love him. He couldn't even look me in the eye when he said he thinks we got to know each other a lot better since they moved next door and got closer. (ok, am I NOT my fathers daughter???? Our motto: "Don't ever let them see you sweat.")
We are going to have to go to town later. They got mail today and the change doesn't take effect till Monday. I know they didn't think they would be out of here before mail ran. It gives us a chance to check out the new place. :)

God Bless.

No comments: