Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My birthday....

was yesterday. :) I changed it in my profile a little early since I was gomming around in there anyway. (spell check doesn't like that word, but it's the only way I know to spell it. LOL) I am officially 48 years old. Wow. I am still 5 years older than my sister, and 5 years younger than my brother, so I guess its not that big of a deal. It was nice. Every time my son didn't want to do what I did, or just be hateful, I looked at him and said "but its my birthday." He said I can't use that excuse forever. It worked for a day, which was good enough for me. Hahaha.

We went to see Harry Potter. We were going to go Friday, but my childhood friend called and wanted us to go with her to "big city" to celebrate and she had an errand to do. Her situation influenced my decision to start a blog, as my first post was written about her and losing her daughter to a drunk driver. She is still having so many problems dealing with it, and I completely understand. No one realizes how precious life is till its lost. She started a local chapter of Compassionate Friends, and I am working on a web page for them. She just has to get it ok'd through the group. She was my birthing coach when my son was born, and she sponsors him in Taekwondo. She has the most heart of any person I know.

Anyway, we had a great day in the city. Actually, it was an afternoon. She dropped me and the munchkin off at the bookstore, and went to her appointment. My son only wanted the expensive little kits you can get, where you can build a dinosaur, or a hornet, or a cardboard Hogwarts that consists of over 250 pieces of card board. I finally showed him the madlibs, and got him one of those. He LOVED it. I got a book by Teresa Tapp on exercising the t-tapp way. The girls on the message board I go to swear by it. People who have mobility problems can even use it, so when my knee goes out on me again, I should be ok. My friend and I had a lot of good discussions, and it was great to see her. She lives over an hour away, so we can't get together very often. She has been so sick and they are still trying to find out exactly whats wrong. (they know it deals with the pancreas, but nothing they are trying is working.) She has always been ultra sensitive, and I think the biggest problem is the broken heart. She is working on healing, but I don't know if a person can every really completely heal from a loss like that. We have been friends since the 2nd grade, and its great. She knows everything I have been through, so when we talk I don't have to explain too much. She knows my background. I know her background. We can talk in shorthand, so we get a lot more covered that way. Its so nice to find someone that UNDERSTANDS.

Back to yesterday: I got two birthday cards yesterday. One from my sister, and one from a friend. It was nice to get them. I never remind anyone its my birthday (except for my kid. LOL) so its nice when they remember on their own. I had an email from the friend that sent me the b'day card when I got up. I know she hit the network because within hours I had a phone call from one and an email from another friend wishing me a happy birthday. LOL. I asked her if she "reminded" anyone, and she acted shocked. LOL. Thats ok. I love her all the more for it.

After mail call, we went to the new Harry Potter movie. It was good, but it was the first one that I had read the book first. I kept watching for the things in the book to happen, and I was disappointed. I will still read the last book before the movie comes out, so I hope I'm not disappointed in it as well. I hope they are working on the next one now. I haven't heard anything, but I'm not obsessed with it either. (well, not much.) After we left the movie, I had a gift on my car from the small town we go to the movies in. I had my first parking ticket in over 25 years. LOL. When I had parked, I was afraid that the truck behind me wouldn't be able to get out, so I pulled a couple of feet up. When I read the ticket, I was pulled up about 2 feet into the yellow line. Geesh. $10 I could have spent elsewhere. See where being nice gets me!!!!! We went and paid it, then went to Taekwondo. The kid tests tomorrow for his next belt. He is doing very well.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable day. I am still getting hits on eHarmony. I can't respond, still. I get about 7 or 8 new matches every day, and about 4 "close match" notices. No big deal. It may not be just the fat picture, but I would make a wager its the biggest reason. Their loss. I am a dynamo in the sack, and they will never know. HAhahahahahaha

Time for Scrubs. Good night, and God Bless.

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Up and out and about - that's so good! Not just for you but for your friend as well. I cannot imagine that kind of loss. Don't want to try. :(

Sounds like you've got a good happy attitude - hope it stays and maybe it will help with your job search. Such a hard hard thing.

Hang in there - take care!