Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Looking on the bright side.....

Well, today was fun. lol I live in an old house. The stairs going upstairs are very narrow attic stairs, and I have to tread lightly. I'm a big girl with arthritic knees, so I take it slower than I would like to. I only use the upstairs for storage because of that. The steps are carpeted. (I have wondered if they would be easier to navigate if they weren't carpeted and with treads put on them, but I don't know.) So, I saw a new craft I wanted to try, and I needed the smallest knitting needles I have, so upstairs I trek. (I have to go barefooted, shoes just make my feet bigger.) I found what I was looking for, and a few other items I could use, so start down the steps. I have to do it sideways so I can fit my foot on the steps. A pair of knitting needles (long ones), a small bag of yarn, and a small bag of acrylic paint in my hands. As I start down the stairs, I'm being extra careful thinking of what could happen with the knitting needles if I happen to slip down the stairs. All of a sudden, my right foot slides down 3 steps, I throw my hand with the knitting needles up so I don't get stabbed, and my left foot goes up with wall, so I'm basically doing the splits on a stairway with sharp pointy things in my hand. I take a breath, assess the situation, and slowly start moving my left leg down the wall to get to a step closer to my right foot. Surprise! I made it! I will probably be bruised on my right leg where it bounced against the steps on its quick way down, and my shoulder is a little tender, but other than that, I'm fine. Once on the ground, I found it quite humorous. So of course I had to share. Text with my son: (after describing the fall) Me: I got out of it stll holding everything, even the needles. No harm, no foul. Him: Please be careful!!! Me: The cats were looking at me strangely though....lol I'll be sore tomorrow, no doubt. Him:That's insane! If you do down there...YOU NEED A LIFE ALERT Me: Upstairs, not down. I don't have to go downstairs till the 1st of Match to change the filter. (The stairs going down to the basement are concrete, and tall steps) I had my phone with me anyway. Him: You know those upstairs are a death trap for even the most sure footed person! That's why I'm glad you never actually used your bed upstairs. Yada yada, not pertinent to the story..... Me: Bonus question...shouldn't that count as cardio? LOL Him: The fear response, oh yeah. Me: I meant doing the splits halfway down the stairs, but ok. Maybe isometrics? Him: That too. lol Me: As long as I get credit for something. :) It sure wasn't graceful. lol Him: Everyone knows you only get cardio credit if it's graceful. lol Me: Well damn. Isometric for the win. End of text I try to keep a positive slant on things. Sometimes it's hard, but it wouldn't do any good to complain about it. If I broke a leg or something, I would have told him, but I didn't, so there is that. I'm just so glad no one saw me with my legs all spread out up the down staircase. lol I just thought I would share a laugh today.+

Well, I had it formatted well, but my html isn't working for some reason. Sorry for anyone who reads this. It looked a lot better when I formatted it. 

No comments: