Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Trigger word

 There is one specific word that I can't stand, lately. (besides cuss words, most of those are used unnecessarily) 

I have been keto for a very long time. I have had numerous health benefits from it. I still need to lose a lot of weight and have been in a stall for awhile. As long as I keep active I feel so much better than I used to.  I am no longer  considered diabetic. 

I have friends and family members that are diabetics, some really bad. I have tried to spread the word, but get nothing from some of them but criticism, and even yelled at (I just made an off hand statement and they went OFF. I really don't like confrontation. I think it was misdirected as it made them feel less than for not being able to do it.) 

When I see them comment on sugar and flour filled recipes on facebook and say "that looks delicious!" I want to say "yeah, if you don't want to have legs anymore." Of course I never say it. These are people I love dearly. It breaks my heart to see them suffer. 

 It has really turned me off the word "delicious." Sounds silly, right? I think it's really overused. I rarely ever use that word. If I comment about something edible, it's more of a "that looks good." 

One of my diabetic people make candy for Christmas for all the family members and extended family. She got angry last year when I said no thanks. I did it tactfully of course, but she knows I don't eat sugar at all. I don't need gifts. I would rather just have them around and healthy. 

She will post pictures of the candy she makes. In my mind I think "I wonder how it feels to know you are poisoning family members?" I pray for relief from this disease for everyone. 

I know not everyone has sugar issues, or health issues. I know people process foods differently. I just mention it to the people I know have issues. People I haven't seen in a long time notice right away how much weight I have lost, and how much better I get around. 

Ok. That's enough for today. I feel better getting that off my chest. 

God bless. (and keep an eye on your blood sugar! It can be a killer!) 

No comments: