Thursday, June 27, 2024

Sometimes Family Sucks

 I'm in a mood. I miss my brother, the way he use to be. Sort of. 

He has pretty much always been a jerk to me, but he thinks he's funny. He just says things for the laughs. I just don't even know what to write. I love him, but I don't like him very much a lot of the time. He takes every opportunity to make fun of me, one way or another. 

When my son was born we ran into each other while visiting my aunt and uncle. My son was a newborn, and my brother was telling my family that it's a shame if you want to see my son you have to see me too. (hahaha<------sarcasm)  :(

I took my son over to his house for trick or treat every year. They were the only reason we drove 20 miles on Halloween. His wife had made treat bags for all of the nieces and nephews on her side of the family, but apologized to my son because she had nothing to give him. She told him she would make it up to him later. That never happened. He was 5.  (I had made up a will when he was 6 months old in case anything happened to me, and they were suppose to get custody of him, and they can't remember him at Halloween???). They were good parents, raised great kids and the grands are spoiled, but in a good way. I thought they would be good to my son, but not when I'm around. 

Another Halloween, we drove all the way over there just to see them, but they weren't home. Turns out they got a van and went trick or treating with their grandson, it was a whole family thing. We only went over there every Halloween since my son was born. A heads up would have been nice. 

Then there was the sand episode. I had gotten my son a sandbox, but hadn't gotten sand yet. He called and asked if I wanted sand, and I said sure. Then he said how they were getting new sand for the grandson since this sand tracks in the house so they are getting a better kind. He would have it in buckets outside, so just come by when I can. When I went to get it, it was raining and there wasn't anything on top of the two buckets. I tried to get as much water out of them as possible, but wet sand is heavy. I got one in the trunk and left the other one. I didn't want to risk a mess in my car. He called me later and said I forgot one. I explained about the water and just told him I didn't want it. He wasn't happy, but neither was I. 

Ya know, he can dis me all he wants. I expect it, but not in front of my kid. My son has told me that he has said rough things about me even when he sees him out in the wild. He said it's strange how he always chuckles as he gives me a dig. I'm glad my son knows me the way he does. If he listened to my brothers "jokes" he would have no respect for me. He also thinks my brother is an ass. 

When my mom passed away, my dad was devastated. He could barely function. My sister and I depended on my brother, since he was the elder. Everything went to crap when he got married. Sad to see. 

There are many more episodes I could write about, but I'm tired of thinking about it. I just had to get it out of my brain so I can get on with my day. 

I miss him. I just wish he wasn't an ass. 

God bless. 

The people who can hurt you the most are the ones you love. 



No comments: